Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for Bemidji Youth Basketball Association and support youth in your area.
Bemidji Youth Basketball Association is hosting their Pride Of The North tournament on March 4th-5th for boys and girls in grades 3-8.
Registration cost is $400 per team. We will not be charging admission for spectators to attend.
3rd and 4th boys and girls will be just one day on March 4th
Click on the link below to register for this years tourney.
This year refunds will be given if a youth organization or city registers 6 or more teams based on the following scale:
6-7 Teams - $20/team or $120/$140
8-9 Teams - $25/team or $200/$225
10-11 Teams - $30/team or $300/$330
12+ Teams - $35/team or $420
Bracket will be available the week of the tourney.
MSHSL rules shall apply with the following modifications:
1. Games will be two 20-minute running-time halves for grades 3rd through 8th grade. Stop time during the last minute of the 1st half and the last 2 minutes at the end of the game.
2. Overtime periods – If needed the first overtime period will be two-minutes stop-time. The second will be sudden victory (first team to score), with the following exception: Championship games will be two-minute stop-time periods until a winner has been determined.
3. One and one will be shot on the seventh team foul in each half of the game double bonus on the tenth team foul.
4. Each team is allowed 3 one-minute timeouts for the game and 1 one-minute timeout per overtime. Note: Timeouts from regulation will not be carried over into the overtime session.
5. There will be a 5-minute warm-up before each game and a 3-minute half time. Note: If the games are falling behind schedule, it will be up to the official’s discretion to decrease warm-up time.
6. A 10-minute grace period from the scheduled start time shall be allowed before a forfeit is declared for the first game only.
7. Technical Fouls: Automatic two points and the ball will be given to the opposing team. Two technical fouls on any player or coach will result in ejection from the game and will need to leave the site.
8. All protests will be settled by the officials on the court.
9. If a team has only five players and a player fouls out, that player may remain in the game. But that player’s team will be assessed a technical foul on each subsequent foul by the player who has 5 or more fouls, with the opposing team being awarded the two points and possession of the ball.
10. Basket height for ALL GRADES is 10 ft.
11. No press at the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade levels, except for the last 2 minutes of the game. No press allowed by 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teams that are ahead by 15 points or more in the last 2 minutes of the game.
12. Grades 6th-8th may press at any time unless the difference in the score is greater than 20.
13. DEFENSE: Grades 6th-8th may play any defense. Grades 3rd-5th only man-to-man defense is allowed.
14. Running time will be used if more than a 15 point lead is held by either team in the last 2 minutes of the second half.
15. The three-point rule will be in effect wherever there are three point lines designated.
16. Girls 3rd – 8th grade and Boys 3rd - 6th grade will use a women’s basketball (28.5”), while the 7th and 8th grade boys will use a men’s basketball (29.5”).
17. The Free Throw line for 3rd and 4th grade will be 12’. Jumping over the free throw line will be allowed.
18. A player may not play on more than one team per grade.
19. Repeated unsportsmanlike conduct by players, coaches, parents, or fans shall not be tolerated and the individual will be asked to leave the site. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their fans. If a spectator refuses to leave, the game will be forfeited by the offending team.
20. NO SHOOTING is allowed at halftime or timeouts except by the teams participating in the game.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Bemidji Youth Basketball Association?