Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for Bemidji Youth Basketball Association and support youth in your area.
The 2021 Pride of the North Tourney will tentatively be March 5th-7th.
Bracket will be made available on this site and on Tourney Machine about a week before the tourney.
Championship games are played at Bemidji State University.
Adult Officials. Concessions offered. No cap on teams. A&B divisions will be given consideration.
Click on the link below to view the brackets on Tourney Machine.
MSHSL rules shall apply with the following modifications:
Games will be 20 minute running-time halves for all grades. Stop time during the last minute of the 1st half and the last 2 minutes at the end of the game.
Overtime periods – The first overtime period shall be two-minute stop-time. The second will be sudden victory (first team to score), with the following exception: Championship games will be two-minute stop-time periods until a winner has been determined.
Each team is allowed 3 time outs per game and 1 per overtime. Note: Timeouts from regulation will not be carried over into the overtime session.
There will be a 5-minute warm-up before each game and a 3-minute half time. Note: If the games are falling behind schedule, it will be up to the official’s discretion to decrease warm-up time.
A 10-minute grace period from the scheduled start time shall be allowed before a forfeit is declared for the first game only.
A technical will not be shot. Two points and the ball are awarded.
All protests will be settled on the court by the officials.
If a team has only five players and a players fouls out, that player may remain in the game. But that player’s team will be assessed a technical foul on each subsequent foul by the player whom has 5 or more fouls, with the opposing team being awarded the two points and possession of the ball.
10. Basket height for ALL GRADES is 10 ft.
11. No press at the 3rd and 4th grade levels, except for the last 2 minutes of the game. No press allowed by a team that is ahead by 10 points or more.
12. No press at the 5th grade level, except for the last 4 minutes of each half. No press allowed by a team that is ahead by 15 points or more.
13. Grades 6th-8th may press at anytime unless the difference in the score is greater than 20. No press is allowed if a team is ahead by 20 points or more.
14. Grades 6th-8th may play any defense. Only man-to man defense is allowed in grades 3rd – 5th.
15. Running time will be used if more than a 15 point lead is held by either team in the last 2 minutes of the second half.
16. The three-point rule will be in effect wherever there are three point lines designated.
17. Girls 3rd – 8th grade and Boys 3rd - 6th grade will use a women’s basketball, while the 7th and 8th grade boys will use a men’s basketball.
18. The Free Throw line for 3rd and 4th grade will be 12’. Jumping over the free throw line will be allowed.
19. A player may not play on more than one team per grade level.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Bemidji Youth Basketball Association?